During this crazy time of virus panic, I thought I might share an unedited excerpt from my next book “Balanced Life, Happy Life”.
We can’t seem to escape headlines with daily death tolls and horror stories of what may come to pass. The Covid 19 virus has us all in it’s deadly grasp.
3 – 31 – 20 the CDC is reporting:
Total cases: 163,539
Total deaths: 2860
In the following excerpt I share the startling statistics of death in America. Our healthcare system (before the virus) is responsible for creating on average 400,000 deaths every year. That breaks down to 1095 people every single day.
Don’t believe me? Keep reading:
According to Johns Hopkins University, 250,000 people die from medical errors every year, and according to the Journal of American Medical Association, 150,000 people die from adverse effects of prescribed medications each year. That is a minimum of 400,000 people that die every year from mainstream medicine, our healthcare system. (statistics from 2017)
I’m sure that you have heard of the opioid epidemic that our American government is spending hundreds of millions of dollars on trying to “fix it”. (your tax dollars, hard at work). Opioids kill on average 40,000 people a year, and this “epidemic” was in the headlines everyday. Yet eight times as many people are killed using our healthcare system and you hear nothing? 400,000 people have died from our healthcare system this year and last year, and the year before that, and no one is talking about this. Not one single headline swearing vengeance on our health system. Nope, no one seems to care. Well, I Care, and you should too!
According to the National Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), here are the leading causes of death in America. Most of these can be eliminated by eating naturally grown foods, medicating with naturally grown plants, and having a positive lifestyle!
When you add up the top causes of death in America. Nearly three million deaths could be reversed if we all ate and medicated naturally. Check it out:
* Heart disease: 635,260 (can be prevented with healthy diet)
* Cancer: 598,038 (can be prevented with a healthy body and mind)
* *440,000 tobacco (quit smoking)
* *250,000 medical errors (DON’T go to doctors if your not dying)
* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 161,374 (be careful, pay attention to details)
* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 154,596 (can be prevented with a healthy body and mind)
* *Adverse effects from pharmaceuticals 150,000 (Eat and medicate naturally, no need for pharmaceuticals)
* Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 142,142 (can be prevented with a healthy body and mind)
* Alzheimer’s disease: 116,103 (can be prevented with a healthy body and mind)
* *Alcohol 88,000 (STOP drinking alcohol)
* Diabetes: 80,058 (may be prevented or controlled with a healthy diet)
* Influenza and Pneumonia: 51,537 (can be prevented with a healthy lifestyle)
* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,046 (I don’t even know what this is?)
* Intentional self-harm (suicide): 44,965 (can be prevented with a healthy body and mind)
* *Cannabis 0.00 (saves lives)
(** added to list for effect, stats from various government websites)
There you have it. Acceptable deaths? Why is a coronavirus more deadly than the above. Because it is contagious? Because it primarily takes the life of one that is already facing death?
The reaction to this virus will stay with us for years to come. The economic impact on middle and lower income families may be devastating, again, for years to come. We all really need to ask ourselves “is destroying families financially for years to come, worth the price of saving already fragile lives?”
I am only asking that question, because we are very accepting of the mostly preventable deaths listed above. As well as to point out that maybe our priorities have always been in the wrong place.
I would also like to ask why, in this great country of America, can we not handle a 20% increase in hospital care needs? While we fight over what Trump said or Obama did, our healthcare system failed us. This should have been mandated as a Homeland Security precaution years ago. If you want to question our government’s response, then question “Why were we not prepared years ago?” and “how are we going to correct this going forward?”
If we learn anything from this dreadful virus, my wish is that we come together to fix problems, instead of trying to create them by division. Fixing health care in America starts with our diets and reducing or eliminating pharmaceuticals. Until our focus is on becoming more natural in our consumption choices. We will remain unable to fight a cold. Until our government subsidizes organic farming methods, and stops subsidizing produce used to make high sugar processed foods (corn, soy, sorghum) then we will always be at the mercy of a germ. Our national security starts with the health and well-being of the people. Our government needs to come together, stop the divisive speech and get America naturally healthy again!