Do you have
A case of the Mondays?
For many people, Monday can be a challenging day. After two days of rest and relaxation, parties, work around the house, and just living on your own schedule, not answering to a boss, customers, or coworkers, can make the thought of real life a daunting task. Did you know that Mondays see more suicide attempts than other days, with Sundays seeing the fewest? Many of you don’t keep up with the news over the weekend, and on Monday morning when you wake up, the first thing you do is turn on the news, and immediately you’re filled with dread. Which increases the nausea associated with your case of the Mondays.
Knowledge is power, and when you are aware of the stresses you’re up against, especially on Monday morning, you are able to form a plan, or set an intention to rise above the depressing thoughts you create about Monday. You have the power to make a case of the Mondays, into a positive experience. You control your feelings, by controlling your thoughts. You can cure your Case of the Mondays.
Do you want Monday to be your best day? Then try this…
- Sunday night, plan your week ahead. Think about, or write down goals for the week. What will you accomplish? Visualize the tasks that must be done. This can be done in seconds, or hours. Simply spend some time seeing your future.
- Before going to sleep say “Thank You” for the good stuff in your life. (out loud or silently doesn’t matter) Then, in a grateful state of mind… fall asleep.
- First thoughts Monday morning… replay any good feelings you had from the weekend. Feel the joy that you felt at the time, and then say thank you. Out loud or in your mind doesn’t matter, simply start Monday being thankful for the good times you recently had. Spend a couple minutes simply feeling gratitude for your life.
- Monday morning while getting ready for the day, feel yourself accomplishing the tasks you thought about sunday. Visualize yourself accomplishing the goals you have ahead of you. See solutions to negativity that may pop up. Use this time to see your future in a positive way.
- … **IMPORTANT**……. Tell yourself…. “TODAY IS GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY” try to feel how good your day will be. (sometimes you may have to tell yourself this the entire trip to work. But don’t give up, keep telling yourself until you feel like today is gonna be a great day!)
- Relax, you have set your intention to have a great day. Now, allow the universe, God, Allah, etc. to work their magic to bring about your desire.
This is a simple exercise and with practice you can set your life up everyday. You are in total control even when you feel totally out of control! Take the time to set up your day with intention. You will be amazed at your results!
Share some of your daily motivation secrets with us. How do you set up your day? Do you have a morning or evening routine that helps keep you motivated and grateful?
#dailyjournal #dailyplanner #positivethinking #gratitude #happiness